Passenger are now looking for a Help Desk Assistant to join our busy Customer Success team in Bournemouth.
Supporting our customers with their general queries through to final resolution, the successful applicant will also provide advice and recommendations on Passenger's products, which we will provide full training on.
Who you are
You are a tech-savvy and proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a natural curiosity to seek out opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
This role would ideally suit an individual with a help desk background who is looking for a new challenge with autonomy and growth potential in a company championing sustainable transport.
The key responsibilities are
- Being the first point of contact for all help desk tickets and enquiries, mainly via email.
- Championing customer excellence throughout the business.
- Supporting the response of help desk queries to be in line with our Service Level Agreements (SLA's), whilst ensuring complaint volume remains low.
- In the case of unplanned incidents, proactively managing communication.
- Writing and maintaining help desk manuals and articles.
- General administrative work on behalf of the Customer Success team, such as data entry.
- Covering some additional tasks when the Help Desk Manager is on leave, such as producing periodic status reports on how we are performing against our SLA's and highlighting areas of concern early.
Experience and skills we need
- Previous office-based help desk or customer service experience.
- Previous experience of help desk ticketing software (we use Fresh Desk).
- The majority of customer communication is via email and so excellent written communication skills, including grammar and punctuation is a must.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for the times when you may need to pick up the phone and also for internal communication between peers.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, and to explain complex information in an understandable manner.
- Curious, driven, and proactive team player.
It's a bonus if
You have working knowledge of Google Suite.
- You have working knowledge of Fresh Desk.
Please also note the following
- This role requires an annual basic background (DBS) check due to data access of vulnerable groups (children, disabled adults, the elderly).
- Whilst this role is Mon - Fri 9am till 5.30pm, there may be the requirement to work as part of a rota system outside of business hours, evenings and weekends for the triage of high priority incidents.
- Start date is flexible, but we are aiming to hire in this role for a January start.
What we offer
- Annual inflationary pay rise, capped at 3%.
- A pension scheme that increases with long service.
- 21 days holiday which increases with long service, plus Bank Holidays.
- EMI Share Scheme.
- Training budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company.
- Adventure budgets to do fun things, based on length of service.
- Private medical health care (PMI) through Bupa for yourself & your family.
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee referral scheme.
- Generous family friendly policies.
- Funds to purchase optical wear and medical vaccinations.
- Opportunity for hybrid working.
- Laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- A fun and friendly office in Bournemouth with fantastic facilities including showers, bike storage, snacks and refreshments.
- Company sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations.
Passenger are an equal opportunities employer